Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Life was a Nightmare



My life was a nightmare that I could not wake up from, for many years.  After discovering that three of my children, had autism, and then one also having Schizophrenia, I could not imagine every being able to smile again.  Now, after years of fighting and "not accepting" the effects of autism and mental illness on their lives,  the quality of my life is "in recovery".  Today my life has joy, gratitude and real serenity. 

Working the 12 Steps as Self Care for Parents, has given me new tools for coping with life's ongoing challenges. The 12 Step Program helps me accept what I cannot change and find peace in that.  If I continue to fight against reality, reality will win and my life will be destroyed in the process.  Then I am no use to anyone.  I have moved on from feeling like a victim, to a place of gratitude for the many blessings I can now see in my life.  

If you decide that you want to move beyond "just survival mode" and believe that there has got to be "SOMETHING MORE" to life...This Blog is for you!   Please check out all the links to more information.   If you have comments or questions, I would like to hear from you.  Send me an email.  You are not alone.  


Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment